(Serves 4 as a side dish)
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
3 Tbsp slivered almonds
1/2 lemon, zest
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Place a steamer basket into a large stockpot and 2 cm of water. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Trim the tough green leaves and the roots off of the leeks, using the light green and white section only. Clean well and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Place these into the stockpot and steam for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Carefully lift them out of the steamer basket and place the halves side by side on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Drizzle with the melted coconut oil and place the baking sheet into the oven about 20cm away from the heat. Broil for 8 minutes until toasted. Remove from heat and place on a serving dish. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and zest the lemon and nutmeg liberally on top.