ITALIAN SQUID SALAD
250g red camargue rice
250g cleaned squid, cut in half lengthwise scored
1 lemon, halved
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 Scallion, finely chopped
1 tomato, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Rinse the rice and place into a small saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Add the water, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low, and cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until all the water has absorbed.
- In a large, rimmed saucepan, bring 5cm of water to a boil. Squeeze half a lemon into this and add the prepared squid. Let poach for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and place the squid immediately into an ice bath. Drain again to dry.
- In a bowl, toss the squid well with the juice of the remaining half a lemon, celery, scallion, tomato, garlic, oil, basil and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Portion the rice into 4 bowls, add a handful of spinach to each, and the chilled squid salad