Pear Muffin (makes 12)
115g buckwheat flour
115g tapioca flour
50g almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the tins
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey, optional
120ml almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease muffin tin cups with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice the tops off of the pears, as well as 20 thin slices for the tops of the muffins. Chop the rest into 1 cm cubes.
- Melt the coconut oil, and gently sauté the pears with lemon juice (and honey if using). Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the almond milk, eggs and vanilla together. Pour into the dry mixture and beat until well combined. Gently stir in the cooked pear chunks, and divide evenly into the greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.