600g fresh pumpkin
400g ready-to-eat cannellini beans
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 garlic, minced
2 celery, finely chopped
4 carrots, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 courgette, diced
400g chopped tomatoes
- Cut the pumpkin in quarters and remove the seeds, cut off the skin, and dice into cubes. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans.
- Heat the oil in a stockpot and sauté the onion, garlic, celery and carrots for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the pumpkin, spices and tomato paste, stirring to combine evenly. Cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the courgette and beans and cook for another 5 minutes. Add more water if necessary to desired consistency.