Romantic Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast
2 free-range eggs
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1-2 slices spelt sourdough, toasted
1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
Pinch of black pepper
Radish sprouts, optional
- Crack the eggs open, one at a time and place each one into separate small bowls or teacups.
- Heat a small saucepan with at least 8cm of water. Bring to boil, then turn the heat down to a soft, rolling boil. Add a small amount the apple cider vinegar to the water.
- Give the water a swirl in a clockwise motion with a spoon, then slide the egg into the centre of the swirl. Add the second egg immediately afterwards. Let poach for 3-4 minutes until the egg whites become opaque, and the eggs are firm, but still slightly wobbly.
- Scoop out and set onto a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Place the sliced avocado on top of the toast, add the cooked egg on each slice. Top with a sprinkle of black pepper, and radish greens, if using.