One pinch of saffron threads soaked in 2 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
150g red rice, rinsed
6 stems asparagus, chopped
25g pine nuts, toasted
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, tossing to coat evenly.
- Pour in the water, stir in the saffron and the soaking liquid. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and cover and simmer for 20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is cooked.
- Fluff up the rice, and add the asparagus.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Toss with toasted pine nuts.