Slow-Roasted Tomato Sauce
(Makes approximately 800ml)
3 kg fresh tomatoes
1 medium red pepper, remove core and seeds
2 small onions
3 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Quarter the tomatoes and the pepper. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Toss with chopped onion, garlic, and olive oil and roast for 2 hours.
- Let cool and peel off skins (optional).
- Place into a food processor or blender, add the basil (if using) and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to air-tight jars and refrigerate.